Islander Family Email - 10-20-17Posted by: Erin Rowan 8 months ago
Dear Islander Families,
Our CHS ASB is preparing for our Homecoming festivities, including spirit days, pep rally, community parade and class float competition; football game on Friday, November 3 vs. San Diego High School; halftime crowning of the Queen and King; and our dance on Saturday November 4th at the Ruben H. Fleet Center. We encourage ALL students to participate in float building and the dance. Students should join their class Facebook page for information on float building location and times. Homecoming dance tickets went on sale Monday, with the final day of sales THURSDAY, November 2nd at 3 PM (see here for information and permission slips): http://chs.coronadousd.net/news/coronado-high-school-homecoming-dance-11417-800-1100-pm/
Some things to keep in mind about our Homecoming activities and dance:
- Homecoming Floats are a class competition and there are wonderful opportunities for peer bonding during building and the parade and half-time showcase. Community members generously offer to host float building at their homes. We remind our Islanders to participate positively in the activities and to be aware that undermining construction of classmates’ floats and targeting or vandalizing private property (including eggs, water balloons) may result in police and/or school actions, with accompanying loss of privileges.
- We have been proud to host as many as 800 Islanders/guests at our Homecoming dance! This year, along with dancing, students will have access to the Fleet Center’s video game exhibit. Even if you don’t like dancing, there are activities for you and your friends.
- We encourage students to attend the dance with an inclusive group of friends. While we know that students may ask a guest or friend to the dance, students often report that arriving and attending with a group is the most fun.
- Students, please consider that public Homecoming “asks” or “proposals” may be stressful for you and your intended date, and may result in unintended social media posts and commentary. While there is a current trend among students to find creative ways to invite someone to the dance, be sure you are considering all the possible scenarios and emotions involved. Set you and your friend up for success!
- Homecoming, with potential costs associated with attire, meals, flowers, and transportation, can be expensive, and you may want to look for areas to spend less. Note that we will have heavy appetizers, desserts, and drinks at Homecoming. Homecoming is considered a less formal dance than prom as it relates to attire--we appreciate that students feel free to wear long or short dresses, pantsuits, Hawaiian shirts and khakis, ties, suits, and occasionally tuxes. Students in need of financial assistance for Homecoming may see Natalie Cruz in the Student Store.
- Students must attend ALL classes on Friday of Homecoming (no one leaves early for the parade or parade preparation!) or they lose the privilege of participating in the parade/dance.
Don’t forget winter sports are fast approaching! If your son or daughter is interested in basketball, soccer or girls’ water polo, please check the ISF website www.islandersportsfoundtion.org for try-out times, schedules and much more. We are actively recruiting Islander girls interested in playing basketball or soccer. We remind all athletes that they must be cleared with the necessary physical and confirmation page turned in to the student store at break or lunch. If you have any questions please contact our Athletic Director, Robin Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Yearbook Information
You MUST be photographed by NOV 11, 2017 with Boyd Anderson to be included in the Yearbook.
Seniors MUST take a senior photo with Boyd Anderson. (this is different than the student ID cards)
Information to take the senior portrait went out this summer. You can make your appointment at http://seniors.boydanderson.com/cornonado-high-school/
This is highly recommended as you will have a scheduled session and options to choose from.
DEADLINE TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED: NOV 11, 2017.
-Each Senior is given one (1) FREE Yearbook Session to meet Yearbook requirements.
Retakes will be at Full ($35.00) or at the very least, half price ($17.50).
-Dress Code requirement for Yearbook:
Women – DARK colored blouse. NO bare shoulders or low cut tops.
Men – Dress Shirt & Tie (preferably dark shirt) Sport Coat optional.
SENIOR PORTRAITS @ CHS:
Boyd Anderson will also come to CHS for one (1) DAY: Monday NOV 6, 2017. This “At School” Day will be Yearbook “MINI” Session ONLY – NO OPTIONS. Students will be able to have their photo taken in the Black Box throughout the day alphabetically. This is a fast photo sitting at CHS, and no options will be given.
Baby Ads (optional and SEPARATE purchase from yearbook):
We work with TheYearbookCompany.com.
If you would like to buy a senior baby ad this year, please visit http://theyearbookcompany.com
Early Bird Deadline, Nov. 16, 2017: 1/4 page ad= $85, 1/2 page ad= $160, Full page ad= $300.
Second Deadline, Dec. 14, 2017: 1/4 page ad= $100, 1/2 page ad= $175, Full page ad= $325.
Final Deadline, Jan. 18, 2018: 1/4 page ad= $125, 1/2 page ad= $195, Full page ad= $350.
You can use the attached print out form, or do it all/upload online.
Please ONLY contact http://theyearbookcompany.com for baby ads.
Please note, if you purchase a baby ad, you still must purchase a yearbook separately.
If you have not purchased your yearbook, please do online at http://jostensyearbooks.com
Or print and fill out the attached yearbook printed order form with check and turn into front office or Anna Woerman, advisor, Room 308.
Yearbooks are $85, and DEADLINE to order yearbooks is DEC 31, 2017.
Any questions, please email Beachcomber Yearbook Advisor, Anna Woerman: email@example.com
Follow us at @chsbeachcomber
Jennifer Moore, Principal
Coronado High School
Support the Coronado Schools Foundation: https://csfkids.org/
Support the arts in our district and Coronado School of the Arts: http://cosasandiego.com
Support CHS Student Athletes: http://islandersportsfoundation.com/
Like CHS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CoronadoIslanders/
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook