Young Entrepreneurs Academy Program (YEA!)Posted by: Erin Rowan 5 years, 7 months ago
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is for students in grades 6-12 who have demonstrated creativity, innovative ideas, academic effort, determination, enthusiasm, the ability to communicate, and a commitment to their community and family. Students who apply to the Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) should be responsible individuals who pursue goals with tenacity. Prior experience in business is not required.
YEA! ACADEMIC YEAR
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy academic year begins in November and ends in May. Classes meet every Wednesday from 3pm - 6pm (with the exception of Wednesdays during school breaks and holiday recess) at Coronado High School.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete Part I and II of the application form.
2. Write your essay.
3. Request a copy of your most recent transcripts from your school.
4. Ask a teacher, guidance counselor, religious or community leader to provide a recommendation as indicated in Part IV.
Recommendations should be kept confidential and mailed separately to the Young Entrepreneurs Academy.
5. Send your completed application and mail to:
YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS ACADEMY / CORONADO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ATTN: MATT PONTES / 1125 10th STREET /
6. Attend a personal interview with a YEA! Student Selection Committee member.