Press/Media Sideline Access Pass
With increased popularity in photographing Coronado High School sports, Coronado Unified School District is establishing new guidelines covering sideline access at all CUSD athletic venues during home games. The updates to policy and procedures for media have been established to protect the safety and liability of CUSD students, student-athletes, coaches, and district.
Press/Media Sideline Request Policy
- All individuals must have a CUSD issued sideline media pass to be on the field or court. See link below to Pass Request Form.
- Prior to being issued a CUSD media pass, all individuals must have a CIF-SS credential. See link below for CIF Credential Request.
- Completion of the request does not guarantee access. Number of media personnel is subject to change or limitation by CUSD and/or game officials.
- All pass requests must be submitted no later than 48 hours prior to the game. You will receive a final confirmation by no later than 12 noon on the day of the game. Media may request passes for multiple games at once (instructions are on the Pass Request Form).
- Only professional cameras are permitted for photographers/videographers.
- Media shall not interact with players, coaches, or officials before or during play. Access to student athletes, coaches, locker rooms or other areas for interviews, photos or media needs is at the discretion of the Athletic Director and/or head coach.
- Sidelines can be dangerous. Coronado Unified School District is not responsible for any injuries that occur while covering athletic events. Use of a media pass indicates acceptance of risk and responsibility.
- For the safety of our players, do not walk behind the team or enter the coaching box. This is generally the areas between the 25 or 30-yard lines. This area is clearly marked with box lines.
- Stay out of referee paths.
- Respect your surroundings. Do not block other photographers. Never stand directly behind a kneeling or standing photographer.
- Stay at least 3 yards away from field boundaries.
- All media shall comply with requests made by CHS coaches or administrators on duty. CUSD reserves the right to ask media to leave the field if they fail to adhere to expectations.