The mission of the Coronado High School Counselors is to promote academic achievement and to facilitate educational and career transitions.
Services include: academic/personal/social emotional counseling and transition plans for after graduation, college admission advising, student/parent conferences, Section 504 case carriers, IEP meetings, interpretation of transcripts. The most convenient way to speak with a counselor is to email them. It is helpful if you mention whether the matter is urgent, and whether it is best to send for the student during a particular class time or whether before/after school or lunch time is more convenient. If it is exceptionally urgent, please tell the Registrar, Kathy Redding, or someone in the front office, and you will be seen immediately.
CHS Counseling Department Contact Information
To contact via phone, dial: 619-522-8907 and enter extension
Lindsay Goldman, Counselor (Last Names A-G)
firstname.lastname@example.org Extension 2091
Senior Appointments - https://calendly.com/lindsaygoldman/chs
Ms. Kint (Covering for Ms. Goldman on Fridays) - email@example.com
Kristine Johnston, Counselor (Last Names H-O)
firstname.lastname@example.org Extension 2079
Appointments - https://calendly.com/kristinejohnston/seniors
Morgan Cummins, Counselor (Last Names P-Z)
email@example.com Extension 2092
Appointments - https://calendly.com/morgancummins/counseling-appointments
Afsaneh Safaie, Clinical Counselor
firstname.lastname@example.org Extension 2080
Yesenia Zavalza, Clinical Counselor
email@example.com Extension 2081
Kristen Ereno, Career Counselor (Dual Enrollment and CTE Coordinator)
firstname.lastname@example.org Extension 2101
Appointment link for student/parent career or dual enrollment meeting: https://calendly.com/kereno-1/chs
Kathy Redding, Registrar
email@example.com Extension 2090
Fall 2022 College and Career Events:
CHS has many exciting College and Career events throughout the year, and we hope that you join us to learn about the various post-secondary opportunities for every student.
College Visits -
There are three college visits at CHS throughout the fall. Open to all students grades 9-12. Don’t miss these opportunities to connect with admissions officers! Look for the list in Ms. Mellina's weekly newsletter or on your SCOIR.COM account.
September 13th: College Night - See the slides and linked materials here!
September 28th: Senior College Assembly (during period 2)
Obtober 15th: Military Academy Day with Congresswoman Napolitano @ 8:30am (virtual)
- Service academy representatives will be available virtually during the event to help answer questions attendees might have regarding the academy of their choice. Register for this annual event here.
October 17th: UC/CSU College Parent Night @ 6:30pm (virtual)
- An admission representative from UCSD and SDSU will present on the college admission process for public CA colleges. Link to come.
Does your senior need help with the application process?
CHS Counselors will have workshops and drop-in help availability on the below topics on Mondays during lunch in the CCC.
9/12 - Common App and Private Colleges
9/19 - UC
9/26 - College Essays
10/3 - CSU
10/17 - Financial Aid
10/24 - Community Colleges
11/7 - Linked-In Profile and Resume Writing
11/14 - NCAA
Steps for College and Career Exploration for CHS Students:
1. Set-up SCOIR Login and Profile
- Watch the Career Exploration Video HERE
- SCOIR Student Login to create an account (Login through Classlink or directly through SCOIR if you have an account already)
- Presentation with Live Links - Access HERE
- Getting Started with SCOIR Document
2. Take Self-Exploration Assessments and Aptitude Tests through SCOIR/YouScience
3. Understand Your Career Profile Results and Explore Careers through SCOIR
4. College Exploration through SCOIR and CHS Course Overview
If you have any questions or need help with SCOIR/YouScience or Career Counseling, contact Counselor Ms. Ereno at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your health is most important! Take care of yourself! See your counselor if you need support!
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Reach out to a staff member if you need help or use:
In case of an Emergency, CALL 911
- San Diego Access and Crisis Line, http://up2sd.org/
1-888-724-7240 (Available 24 hours a day)
- Crisis Text Line: 741741, (Available 24 Hours a day)
- Child Abuse Hotline, 800-344-6000
- Coronado Police Department: 619-522-7350
- Information Line: 211
Directory of Community Resources
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ) 866-488-7386, Text 678678
- Calhopeconnect - Live chat, online counseling services, and support groups
Support and counseling for students is funded by the City of Coronado, the Coronado Unified School District, and private donations. Services include: crisis intervention, individual/group counseling & assessment, outside counseling/substance abuse referrals, School Attendance Review Board, mediation of campus conflicts, behavior assistance, and mindfulness groups.